Press Statement by CM Adenan
I had a meeting with the Prime Minister and Datuk Wan Zulkifli Wan Ariffin, CEO of Petronas yesterday at the Prime Minister’s Office in Putrajaya. We have these amicable agreements that:
1) The appointment of Sarawakian as a member of the board of directors of Petronas. The State Secretary will represent Sarawak.
2) The 192 posts now vacant are to be advertised in local papers and to be filled by Sarawakians. Petronas is to consult the State Government if no Sarawakian is suitable for the job.
3) Petronas will provide up to 50 places for Sarawakians to do undergraduate studies at University Technology Petronas.
4) Petronas will intensify Technical Training for Sarawakians and enroll more Sarawakians in their training centres throughout the country.
5) Petronas is committed to support two (2) Petrochemical Industries now under final negotiation. Petronas will also support other Petrochemical and downstream industries after the completion of the Joint Study on Petrochemical Industries with the state government.
6) Petronas together with Federal Government will consider the intention of State Government to participate in PSC contracts so that the