KUALA LUMPUR : The Malaysian Police on Saturday said that a man, who was arrested at a train station in Kuala Lumpur on Friday, has confessed to planning a suicide attack.
The 28-year-old male had been nabbed outside a station in Jelatik, near the city centre, with weapons and documents related to the Islamic State group, reported Reuters.
Inspector General Khalid Abu Bakar, in a statement, said that the suspect confessed to planning a suicide attack after receiving orders from Isis in Syria, reported The Australian.
Bakar added that three more arrests between 11-15 January related to Isis have been made in the country.
Earlier, Bakar had announced that the government will amp up surveillance on social media to increase security in the country. Malaysia has been on high alert since the terrorist attack on the neighbouring country of Indonesia.
He had also said that Malaysia is under threat from "lone wolfs", who follow Isis' ideology and act out on their own.
On 13 January, a 16-year-old male was arrested from a supermarket after he brandished a knife to intimidate a woman. He is being suspected of being affiliated to the Islamic State group.