KUALA LUMPUR - Only one complaint has been received so far over the selective ban which prevents tudung-clad women from working frontline jobs in the hotel industry.
Tourism and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz (pix) said investigations were still being carried out over the complaint.
“We are collecting information about the complaint," he said in reply to a question by Anuar Abd Manap (BN - Sekijang) in Parliament on Thursday (Nov 23).
Nazri did not furnish details about the complaint, but called on hotels to review their existing policies on staff dress code to be suited to Malaysia.
“This policy is unacceptable, considering it is being implemented in Malaysia where the majority population is Muslim,” he said.